Grandma Z gave her an Easter dress. It made her look like a little fairy. She is so cute! For her Easter basket, the Easter bunny gave her some puppets. She thinks they are pretty funny. She was grinning and watching those puppets as we showed them to her. We're going to have a whole lot of fun playing with those! Oh, and this is my new haircut!
To top off the day, yesterday was also my birthday. Roy even made a birthday cake for me! It was definitely a birthday I won't ever forget!
We knew that my dad was coming out for Abby's blessing, but we were all surprised with my brother Steven coming too! We spent the weekend exploring all around DC. On Friday, we went to Mount Vernon. Saturday was the National Arboritum. And today we went to the National Zoo. Abby did great on our little adventures (and so did the rest of us). Since she is at the point of wanting to see EVERYTHING we invented a new way to meet that need and make it easier on us. We put her in the bjorn and then zip her up in my jacket. She looks pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
5 comments:
Dang! I always feel so dumb when I space out on someone's birthday and forget to say the proper thing at the proper time.... regardless, I hope you had an awesome day, and I'm sorry I didn't say HAPPY BIRTHDAY sooner... Please accept my best wishes regardless of their ill timing... :)
Wow! Short hair! Way to go Michelle! Happy birthday. It looks like your mom did a great job on the dress - how pretty. And the little fairy-princess dress looks so sweet too. How fun - it is so fun to dress up little girls!
Oh dear, you always remember things like birthdays and I never do! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I love the 2 dresses, and have to agree with steph, girls are fun to dress up. Mere is going to wear her grandma's blessing dress and bonnet this Sunday for her blessing! Abby is really growing! When do you go to CA?
Oh, Abby is so cute! And I love your new haircut. Very nice.
Though this doesn't have much to do with your post, I thought you might be interested to know that I did some mending today. Sort of. I noticed that some seams on my jeans are starting to come apart, but, since I was already wearing them, I was not about to take them off, stitch them back up, and put them back on. That would be way too much work and time. So instead, I reached for my trusty crazy glue.
I know, you're thinking that I then ended up gluing the pants to my body-- not so, but I would have died laughing if I had. I finished "reinforcing" the seams, and when I ran off to class, I left the glue on my desk. Apparently the cap was a little loose. So when I came home and began to tidy up, well... my fingers made a new best friend. Haha.
How fun! She is so cute and so big! I love the dress your mom made and I'm so surprised your little hat fit her (that's your Grade A Baby alright!) How great that your Dad and Steven could come visit you. And Happy Birthday! !
Post a Comment