Monday, March 17, 2008

Major Blowout

Abby had a really wet diaper when she got up this morning so, being the best mom in the world, I changed her. Then she ate and we cut her fingernails. While I was cutting her fingernails, she was farting and grunting, not unusual for her to do shortly after eating. I kept checking to be sure we weren't having any leaking and we were okay. All of the sudden, I noticed that my leg was wet and warm. Sure enough, her diaper had leaked. Granted it was completely filled to the brim, but her onesie was half soaked with poop as were her pajamas. And, for the first time, I had a melon-sized leak through my pants to my leg. Maybe you can't truly consider yourself a mother until your child's poop runs down your leg...

4 comments:

Pacers said...

It's true, you are not a true Mom until you have been covered in your child's poop. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on becoming a real mom! Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

We've had our experience with blowouts. Things I've learned from Brooklyn: If you hear a juicy fart, quickly put her on the changing pad and take her clothes off so you save her from messing several outfits in one day. Next, let her finish her business before you take her diaper off or you'll be wearing it all over. Oh the things you learn as a mother and somethings you hope you only have to learn once!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I saw the pictures of Abby. She is so so cute.
I can't wait to see you this summer.

my blogspot is

www.lizzymco.blogspot.com