Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh, What A Night!

Last night Abby and I spent about a half hour in her rocking chair singing and talking. It seems she gets more talkative when it's time for bed (Roy says I do the same thing...). She's too cute to refuse and I figure she needs to get that last bit of energy out so we spend about ten minutes talking and rocking before she falls asleep. So last night's half hour seemed extra long. Then she started getting really fussy and I checked her diaper. She wasn't really that wet, but since she was complaining I decided just to change it and try putting her down again. In the middle of the diaper change, I sneezed twice. She started giggling. At this point, I noticed she her eyes were completely exhausted and her giggling at my sneezes emphasized that point. Then she started copying my sneezes. She would make two big sneeze-sounding noises and giggle. She repeated this about five times, laughing more each time. When I fake sneezed again, she laughed and then sighed, just totally exhausted. My only regret is that Roy didn't hear or witness any of our sneeze-laugh attacks. Dads miss out on all the funny stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I like her Minnie jimjams.