Sunday, April 27, 2008

Because Once Just Isn't Enough

I can understand why my sister Becky does a Sunday 10 every week on her blog...it's so much easier to write about the week in a bulleted list. So I don't steal her idea (I know I do that a lot), I decided just to do a little list of highlights of the week. Enjoy!


  • Before Abby was born, her Aunt Alex gave her a really cute dress. Since she was wearing it today, we wanted to get a picture of her in it because she looks so cute. So after church we came in the door and grabbed the camera for a picture. I took some of Roy with Abby and then we traded the baby for the camera. It wasn't until I was looking at Roy and he was getting ready to take the picture that I noticed he had something on his leg. Oh wait, there was something on his shirt and tie too. Weird...what could that be? What is that smell? Oh, no! But yes, Abby had somehow managed to get poop not only all over her slip, but on every item of clothing that Roy was wearing. Very funny, but we're just hoping that the tie isn't ruined since it was, in my opinion, Roy's nicest one. She also got poop on my shirt sleeve, but that was minimal damage in comparison. I think there was more poop outside of her diaper than in. If you look closely at Roy's right leg in the picture below, you can see some of the damage.

  • My friend told me about a fantastic website (http://www.sugardoodle.net/) that gave me a fantastic idea for today's Primary lesson. The class loved it and they learned the story better than they normally do. So if you are LDS and have any calling in Primary, Young Women, or Relief Society, check out the website. It is full of great stuff!


  • Roy had his first final yesterday (yes, it was on a Saturday) and it went well. For the first time, he actually had true-false questions on his exam. A little weird for law school, but at least you get through the questions a lot faster! It was still a 3-hour exam, but he survived and feels like he did well.


  • While we're on the subject of Roy, I have to write about our scare with him this week. Last week we went on a walk in a nature preserve called Huntley Meadows. For the Alexandrians in the audience, I highly recommend going--it's a walking trail through the forest and a boardwalk through the wetlands area. Our favorite part to walk is the entrance where Lockheed turns into Harrison. Anyway, this last week, three days after our outing, Roy discovered a tick. So we had to get him into the doctor ASAP because the tick was in him for more than 12 hours. They gave him an extremely high dosage of antibiotics and nuked any infection that the tick may have been carrying.



  • We got our family pictures done this week. Even though Abby was irritated for her individual pictures, we ended up getting some very cute shots of her. And she was an angel for the family pictures. I'll post them soon.


  • Yesterday, to pass the time while Roy was taking his final, Abby and I went on a walk to the Target shopping center about 15 minutes up the hill. We talked to a bunch of people along the way and went to a couple different stores before ending up at Target. Our first stop was the bathroom to change a diaper and then we did about 5 minutes of shopping before Roy called to say he was on the way to pick us up. After we got home, I realized I didn't have the diaper bag. We searched the car and the stroller to no avail. At this point I'm freaking out, not because it's the diaper bag, but because my wallet is in there. Figuring it was at Target, I rushed back to retrace my steps. Bless the good samaritan who turned it in to lost and found, everything in place! That was a scary 10 minutes of worry and being mad at myself for leaving it behind. Now I'll be a compulsive diaper-bag-checker!


  • Last but not least, Roy and I went on our first post-Abby's-birth date last night. We took her out to dinner with us, which she thoroughly enjoyed. The people at Chevy's were great to her and even washed her pacifier for us when she launched it out of her mouth. Then we dropped Abby off at a friend's and got dessert. The report was that she was good for the first 20 minutes and screamed for the next 20+. Thank you, Becca, for enduring what we know are very loud screams. We had a great date and really yummy milkshakes.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Myra had the same cute dress! And just wait until what you lose is your kids, not the diaper bag. AGHHHHH! :)

Belle said...

Glad you found your diaper bag--I am so spacey I'm lucky I always have someone around so far to pick up what I leave:) So good to hear your little updates-can't wait to see your new photos!

CORYNN AND JER said...

That kid of yours gets poop on ya'll a lot!