Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Whole New Meaning...

You have probably heard the phrase about putting your foot in your mouth. Abby is now quite talented in that regard--not in the "oops, I probably shouldn't have said that" way, but in the "oh, these look interesting...maybe they belong in my mouth" (along with everything else that can be held in her tight little fists). Since it is summertime, we don't have Abby in socks very often. Not that it makes a difference, because she does put her socks in her mouth too. Call me crazy, but somehow it seems a little less disgusting to put her toes in her mouth than a sock. This new ability makes changing diapers a very interesting process!
Last week I bought Abby this great stacking toy. I remember having one at our house growing up and wanted to get it for Abby. She loves it! The stacking toy is her new traveling companion and goes from Bedstemor's house (my grandma) to Mor Mor and Far Far's house (my parents) daily. She also enjoys her new stuffed animal blue monkey from Annmarie--he is her new backseat buddy and somehow makes those "long" car rides more endurable.

4 comments:

Pacers said...

Isn't it funny how you want to buy your child all of the toys that you loved as a kid? Mia has a stacker too :) I love her different faces - she's so cute.

Pacers said...

Um, I had intended to say that I love Abby's faces - smiles, look of shock as you catch her sucking on her toes. It sounded more like I was referring to Mia....

Carrie Johanson said...

Thanks so much for the Abby updates. She's such a cutie!

Mrs. JM said...

She is TOO darn cute. I had to show Jake how cute she is and he was very much in agreeance. I love to hear about all of her "firsts" you do a great job documenting them which is more then i can say for myself! Way to go Abby on your new teeth!