Abby's philosophy this week: Why do one exciting thing when you can do multiple?
I now understand why mothers begin moaning when the word "teething" is uttered. I do know if could be much worse, but there was one day this week that I had a VERY cranky baby and I was ready for bed about 3 pm. But, lo and behold, the next evening I noticed a little sharp tooth corner poking out of Abby's bottom gum. By the next morning, we had the whole tooth out. So Abby has a tooth. She spent the next several days exploring her tooth with fingers, fists, her lower lip, tongue, toys, newspapers, napkins, and pretty much anything she could get her hands on.
This week Abby decided to surprise us all by sitting up on her own. Seeing as how she still has yet to roll over (yes, I do take partial responsibility) we were slightly shocked. Now she complains every time we try to do tummy time because she loves sitting up so much.
I learned that three is a charm--we were successful in getting Abby to go for her first swim! Yeah! Once she got over the initial shock of the gigantic bathtub and the colder-than-she-is-used-to water, she loved it! Here she is demonstrating that literally everything deserves to be used as a tooth sharpener:
Well, on to other Zwahlen news, Roy really enjoys his internship out here. He has finished projects earlier than the given deadline (typical for Roy) and done some interesting research. He might know more about the interworkings of Sonoma County after one week of work than I do after living here for basically my whole life. Abby and I went in to meet his coworkers last week so now they all like Roy even more because Abby charmed them. Ah, the benefits of having a baby!
Roy and I went on a 30 minute ice cream date on Saturday and left Abby with my parents. Abby only screamed for half the time (sadly, 15 minutes is an improvement). She ended up getting so choked up with snot that she spit up mucus all down my mom's shirt. When we got back, she wanted to be held by me (but not Roy--it must have been his fault we left), but was too mad to even look at me. About 10 minutes later it was like nothing had ever happened. If only we could all forget the traumatic things that quickly!
3 comments:
Congrats on getting through the first tooth. Molars are evil when they come in. Porter has 11 teeth now and he bites everything, even rocks. Abby is so cute and I am so jealous that you are in Cali for the summer.
That is so funny about her tantrum ~ she must have been REALLY mad a Roy for leaving her with grandparents who lover her, how dare him?! What kind of parents are you anyway lol. I remember our first real vacation away from Cayden. He was 10 months old and he stayed at my moms. Not only did he look like he'd aged a full year when we returned, he wanted nothing to do with us for a good few hours. He's over it now though .... i think :) Hope you all are doing well.
Hey Michelle (and Fam),
We decided to come to Santa Rosa this weekend. If you think you are going to have some spare time, email me. Have a great weekend!
jessicabuscho@gmail.com
Jessica
Post a Comment