Abby is becoming more and more girl. She loves to have her nails painted, collects princesses and fairies, calls friends on her pretend phone just to chat, loves to be called by her full name, asks for people to tell her how beautiful she looks, wants to plan play-dates and sleepovers for friends, and lines up babies and animals on the couch and takes care of them. Abby says funny things every day; sometimes she just surprises me with the words she uses correctly, other times it's how she describes her feelings. Yesterday we were out on a walk where we had run up and down our "big hill" several times and decided to head home for otter-pops. Abby said with a sigh, "Whew! I'm exhausted!" Then, without missing a beat, "Oh! A butterfly!" which she ran after immediately. Occasionally she's quiet for a few minutes. Inevitably, the few minutes of quiet is followed by, "So, Mom..." where she then tells a story, asks a question, makes a comment about what's going on in her mind, etc. I give her 5-minute warnings before it's time to leave so she can wrap up her games at the park, be prepared to leave a friend, etc. She always says very pleasantly, "Okay, Mom!" and then turns to her friend, "My mom says I have 5 more minutes to play." Maybe I still warn her about the short time we have left because of the pleasant way we can leave places, but it's more likely that I just love the way she says okay: o-KAY. So cute! My Abby is so sweet and caring, has a wild imagination, and asks to cuddle several times a day. I love her!
Both my kids are some of those innately good people. While every day is not one of those dream-come-true days, we have moments of perfectness and I feel so grateful. We love each other, we try hard together, we have fun laughing and playing, we cuddle up together to watch shows, we have fun taking goofy pictures and making crazy movies, we joke around together...we're a family, perfections and imperfections. I really do feel blessed.
4 comments:
crazy movies, eh?..... now I'm curious. Sounds like you're leading up to a crazy movie premiere post. I anxiously await it. :)
LOVED reading about the kids. You have a great family! And we're so excited to come visit soon!!!!! Sam patting people on the back when they're hurt reminds me so much of you when I was pregnant/morning sick with Becky. You always followed me into the bathroom as I leaned over the toilet, and patted my back saying, "it's okay, Mommy." So sweet! Of course I didn't always appreciate the company, but I loved the compassion!
Wow Sam says A LOT of words! You guys coming out to CA at all this year?
They are "innately good" because of the parents they have:) I would describe them the same way-the parents, I mean!!!!
Post a Comment