As I was leaving a grocery store today with an extremely full cart, we hit a rather large hole in the parking lot and several things came shooting out of our cart. Including a gallon of milk and a big bottle of Gatorade, both of which immediately exploded and gushed liquid through the nooks and crannies of the parking lot. Abby felt guilty and upset and started bawling, which I later found out was mostly because her favorite skirt was now wet with a strange mix of milk and purple Gatorade. So I am halfway to our car with our cart filled to the brim with groceries and stuck in a pothole, Abby is crying hysterically and apologizing, and Sam decides to join in with sympathy tears. A nice gentleman who saw what happened yelled over to ask if I needed anything. I'm not even sure what I said, but I must have sounded like I needed help because he dislodged our cart, cleaned up the now-empty bottles, and laughed with me. I needed that. Even 5 minutes later during the obligatory retelling to Roy, my tired body and mind were ready to cry over that spilled milk.
It's still not funny, but it's getting there.
4 comments:
You had to have been older than that, because I remember that, too. Most likely, I got blamed for it (just like I got blamed for the messy room, even though you shoved your mess under the bed :)) Sorry for the chaos. I'm laughing over here, though.
I distinctly remember our El Cajon driveway and since I turned 5 just a couple months before we left, I'm sure the oldest I was was 5. Or maybe I'm just remembering the driveway from the time you slammed my finger in the car door.
And after all that shopping, I still forgot a couple things and had to go back for 3 things. Plus the 7 that Mom added to my list. :)
I feel your pain....many a time I came home from a shopping expedition and cried in the bathroom. Ask Miriam about the time she rolled away in the shopping cart....which she will STILL bring up.
Yah, i have a vague recollection of the spilled milk in El Cajon, too, but I think the jug cracked and didn't explode,, cuz I remember saving half of it. Sorry I gave you the shopping list too late. And Becky, we only blamed you for stuff you did. Dad says it sounds like a guilty conscious! Haha. Uh, Michelle - what's this I'm hearing about you just shoving stuff under the bed???!!! Shame!
Post a Comment