We had Abby's friend over for a pool party. The moms probably spent more time getting bathing suits on than the girls spent in the water, but it was a nice way to enjoy the afternoon. We are LOVING the fact that spring is here and that summer will arrive any day!
Every night before bedtime, Roy reads a story to the kids. Lately, we plop Abby's pillow on the ground and they share it while Roy reads. Those moments are ones I want to capture just because everyone is calm, happy, and enjoying family time.
Our Sam is growing up so quickly. He amazes me more and more every day with what he can do and how well he shows love. Sam is a pretty calm baby. He's not really cuddly because he has to see what is going on and interact with everyone. But when you catch him just as he is waking up, you just might get a small snuggle before he wants to be flipped around and is scanning the room for Abby. Because, apparently, Abby = Fun. We just started him on rice cereal and he's getting the hang of it. Abby is so excited to have him eating with us and is constantly asking us about different kinds of food to see if Sam can eat it too. When the answer is no, which it always is, she starts talking to him in the mommy-voice, "It's okay, baby Sam, you can eat popcorn when you have teeth." Which, by the way, he will probably have in the next week. His first tooth is just waiting to pop in. I think Sam has a smile that will knock at least a few girls off their feet.
One of the cool things about living in this area during the summer is the abundance of festivals, outdoor music events, and farmer's markets. We went to a festival this weekend that had a parking lot of free bouncy houses. It was really hot, but we still managed to enjoy the jumping, climbing and sliding. And by we, I mean Abby and I. See? You lose all sense of shame when you become a parent.
And speaking of losing all shame, here's Roy sitting on our new couch. Abby is very interested in taking pictures so we struck a deal that a parent would hold the camera and she could push the button. She likes taking pictures of "the monster" (Roy). Mostly, I just wanted to stick up a picture of our new couches because, let's face it, I'm really excited we finally got new ones! And hun, please don't get mad that I chose this picture instead of the one Abby took of you actually smiling. This one is much funnier. :)
3 comments:
Oh, Michelle!
This post was fun to read. Your kids are growing so quickly! And yes, they are adorable. :)
yay for new couches! We just got some new (albeit second-hand) furniture that I fear will only get more kid-trashed with time, but RIGHT NOW they look awesome. :)
Award winning smiles for both of the kids! Love it!
Post a Comment