All the small town around us sure know how to party. Each town has at least one festival during the summer. The city of Norton recently hosted a week-long festival. We crashed the party almost every day. Actually, Abby and her friend got their picture in the paper dancing at the festival kick-off party. The festival was all free--food, bouncy houses, music, cotton candy, train ride. We had the best time! I wish we had fun like that going on every week. :)
We do enjoy hours at the park, especially now that Sam can sort of sit in the swing. He loves it!
During our (way too many) thunderstorms, we usually have a Halloween dress-up party. Poor patient Sam.
My favorite feature of living here is our library. Miss Nancy, the storytime lady, is probably the best person I have ever seen reading books and running storytime for every age. She is amazing with toddlers, fun for the elementary age kids, and teenagers think she's cool so they listen to her. When I say she is heaven-sent and an angel for this area and her job, I am not even close to describing her accurately enough to do her any justice. The woman is an absolute saint. Miss Nancy organized a weekly summer reading incentive program for the area. There are various performances each Wednesday. This last week, she had a great magician come. As you can see, the whole thing was, for lack of a better word, magical.
I put Sam in the bouncer, wallked away, came back and found this.
1 comment:
Yes, Miss Nancy is a pretty cool librarian! Glad she's there. And that picture of Abby and Sam in the bouncer is wonderful! So glad they get along so well and make each other laugh.
Post a Comment