Abby's newest trick:
We're not quite sure if she's attempting a somersault or just being silly. But she has suffered several minor head wounds as a result of attempting this trick outside and losing her balance. She tends to giggle uncontrollably when I put my head back by her legs and say peekaboo. That normally ends in her sitting on my head because she's laughing too hard to keep her original position and then when she realizes she's sitting on my head, she laughs harder. This girl keeps me silly!
Abby was totally spoiled last Saturday, not that it's abnormal for her to be spoiled, but this time we took pictures. We went to a friend's birthday party where Abby got to ride on a carosel and she loved it! I think it helped that her friends were there having fun too, but she was shrieking and doing her loud giggle-scream. It was hilarious!

After we got home from the party, Abby adopted Jakers the goldfish from another friend who is moving away soon. She has a healthy respect for Jakers. If we try to make her go too close to him, she screams, shakes, and runs away. Most of the time she actually ignores him. But every time she is leaving the room, whether it's to go to bed, leave the house, or just go play somewhere else, she waves bye-bye and jabbers a sentence at him. As a side note, I had to work hard to convince Roy that we should adopt Jakers, but he is always the one to ask if we've fed him that day. I think Jakers is wearing him down. When I suggested that she take a picture with him, she was totally game, but when it came down to it, Roy had to get in the picture because she had to stand a little too close for comfort.

5 comments:
cute pictures. I love how in the last one you can see that she's a little scared to be near the fish. Too cute!!
That is so cute. I can't even believe it. When we babysat a fish for a week Porter would just stand in front of it and stare for a long time while saying "fissy, mama, fissy". Kids are hilarious.
I wonder about that - scared of a goldfish! Hilarious! But I bet it won't take her long to get used to him. I hope you have better luck with Jakers than you did with your goldfish (plural) from ten years ago!
P.S. I now have had "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday" stuck in my head the past two days :D
Mere does that bending over and looking between her legs too-she thinks it's so funny. She loves fish, Saki thinks we should get some but I'm sure mere would just try to stick her hands in the fish tank or knock a small tank over. . . Abby is really growing up-fun age isn't it! Love seeing all the photos and hearing updates on you guys :)
Post a Comment