Monday, March 9, 2009

The Door

All of the sudden we heard screaming and pounding. Laughing, I walked down the hallway to let Abby out of her room. She loves doors and, even more, loves opening and closing doors. I tried the handle but couldn't get a good grip on it. I thought it was because I was laughing too hard so I called Roy over to take over. He tried a couple of times and said that Abby must be holding onto the handle because he couldn't get much of a turn. I started knocking on the opposite side of the door to distract her, but she was upset and not coming over. So then I started to sing her favorite songs to get her to let go and do the actions she knows so well. And we still couldn't get the handle to turn. We had to go for the alternative plan that involved a screwdriver and hammer. Five minutes of screaming later, she was rescued from her room. It turns out that Abby now knows how to lock the door. So if you come to our house you will find that all the locks are on the outside of our doors...let's just hope that Abby doesn't lock us out of the rest of the house! Below, Abby is helping Roy flip the door handles around:

1 comment:

Belle said...

Mere loves opening and closing the door too, especially when the cats sticking his paws through. She gets worried when she closes herself in a room though... Glad your having fun with all your visitors! How tall is Abby?