Monday, February 23, 2009

Slippin' and a-Slidin'

Abby just learned how to climb up her slide and go down by herself. As you can see, her execution isn't totally fool-proof just yet! By the way, you've got to have the volume on because her giggles and sounds just make you (or at least me) want to smile!

Next, Abby demonstrates her great ability with dancing/following directions with "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "Do As I'm Doing". She is quite specific about which song we need to do and pats her head or claps her hands when it is time for our musical activities. Oh my, she makes me happy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute it she! And she's so smart. What an adorable girl - thanks for sharing these videos :)

Sare said...

Oh my gosh, she is too dang cute! And coordinated! And happy! You guys must be so happy to have her around.
I also noticed how greatly your front room has been taken over by toys since the last time we were there- it is definite evidence that you have a one year old dominating your life!! Those days aren't too far off for us. We're so not even baby-proofed yet, but I'm starting to calculate which shelves and items are going to need to be rearranged in the coming months...

Linda said...

Wow! She's growing up so quickly, and she's SO CUTE! I just want to come and hug her and play with her. And Cami definitely needs to sing "Do as I'm Doing" with her!

Unknown said...

I love how she goes down the slide in the splits--such style. I wish we could get together so her and Brooklyn could play together. They would have so much fun.

Belle said...

Fun! Mere has trouble with her 2nd leg too...

Linda said...

This is so wonderful that you can now capture these precious moments that pass by oh too quickly. Cherish every one of them. I'm so happy to be able to watch her even though we have never held her yet!

Love ya,
Linda in Utah

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Michelle!
She is adorable. She's so good with music, too!
I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you.
This is random... did I ever tell you my niece is an Abby too? Abigail Catherine, actually... haha.