Roy had some interviews the last two days and got an internship with the Department of Commerce. So he gets to drop a class and gets credit for working. No paycheck, but he does get 4 credits and an awesome line on his resume. He is so excited. He called me on the way to do all the paperwork and said, "This is so cool!" Abby and I will really miss seeing him since he'll be gone 15 more hours a week, but I suppose this is just the beginning of the end when it comes to real life full-time work! If you want to know what he'll be doing exactly, you'll have to wait for Roy to post (haha, he has only posted once since we started this and that was to announce Abby's birth so you may be waiting a LONG time!), but what I understand from what he's said he'll be working with international law and policy. My husband's growing up! (He is going to either laugh or kill me for saying that!)
Abby had her Alexandria birthday party this weekend and we had a lot of fun. One of her favorite gifts (thank you, Siena) is a baby in a backpack. The baby has long been forgotten, but the backpack....heaven on earth for my little girl! She wears it around quite a bit, but she hasn't figured out how to put it on or take it off by herself. So if you're around Abby and you hear a shriek and wrestling, she is trying to figure out the backpack.
Although the quality of this picture is not incredible, Abby is being her cute self as normal. I put her hair in a ponytail yesterday and she looked so cute! She actually looks a lot like her cousin Holly. The monkey behind her is the joint artistic effort from Roy and I for the "Pin the Banana to the Monkey" game at her party. Look how grown up she looks with that cell phone!
3 comments:
She is too cute!
a girl can never have too many backpacks or purses. that's Sienas philosophy anyway.
she is definately a cutie she always makes me laugh when I watch her in a video. I miss you! hey so u know i have my own blog so you can see how I am doing
crystalatkinson.blogspot.com
Post a Comment