Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Abby's Update

Abby had her 9-month doctor appointment this afternoon. Luckily, it was a no-shot appointment, but as the picture below shows, she did have some blood drawn. They had to try twice so both her arms were bandaged up. She fought the two nurses and her two parents. We were all sweaty by the end of it! She is still in the 90-99 percentile for everything and is on track for everything else. We're very proud of her! :)
So when we got to the doctor's office, Abby decided she should have a poopy diaper. The nurse told me to strip her to her diaper and I told her that I would change her diaper and then meet her out at the scale. She brought in a bag for me to wrap the diaper in. It was a red bio-hazard bag. I thought it was very fitting!
This picture is not high quality, but I was really taking it to show off her battle wounded elbows.
In other news, we had Abby's 1-year-old friend over for a little bit today. The girls were playing on the outside of the exersaucer when Abby's friend took off running into the other room. Abby let go of the exersaucer, took two steps, realized what she was doing and then fell down to her bum. So I guess we can count those as Abby's first steps. Too bad I wasn't prepared with the camera--it was one of those classic firsts that I missed out on catching on film.

3 comments:

Linda said...

She is a living doll! I miss you guys.

Linda said...

Wow - I can't believe she took a couple of steps. She's really growing up quickly. We need to do the web-cam so we can see her and she can see us. We miss you -
MorMor

Belle said...

hmm-we had no blood draw and 3 shots at mere's 9 month apt yesterday, she's small (don't know who she gets that from) but growing and healthy. I love that leaf you have hanging over the crib, and nice face abby:)