Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pretty Baby

Abby was born 2 weeks ago and it's already hard to imagine life without her. Roy and I went to bed at the same time three nights in a row. Of course I was up 5 minutes later to feed Abby, but it was exciting to us to have even that little bit of normalcy. Roy and I absolutely LOVE Abby and have had lots of fun with her so far. One of my favorite things is when she falls asleep on me. It is SO hard to put her down because she gets all warm and cozy and makes me want to sleep too. So for those of you who want to know what we have done this week, here's a rundown on the life of Abby for the week:


She already has Roy wrapped around her finger, as nearly every daughter should. On a funny side note, whenever Roy holds Abby on his shoulder, she reaches with one hand and grabs at his shirt collar. It wouldn't be so bad except she simultaneously rams her fist into his throat. :)


Abby's umbilical cord came off on Friday. For some reason, it made me think, "My baby's growing up!" even though she was only 12 days old. Dramatic, I know. Since the umbilical cord was no longer in the way, Abby "graduated" to wearing real clothes during the day instead of pjs and real baths instead of sponge baths. With only a few squeals, we had a very fun bath. She enjoyed it a ton more than those wretched sponge baths!

All clean!

We have been joking this week that Abby has the Elvis lip curl. Luckily we can now prove it with a picture. Hopefully she won't be furious about this documentation at age 16!

As for other news on the Zwahlen-front, we had a busy week! Here's a quick run-down of some of the more fun news:
  • My mom (Mor Mor to Abby) has been in town visiting. Roy jokes that she is chained to the stove, but she has also had a lot of Abby time as well. It has been very helpful to have her here and we've had a lot of fun too.
  • Roy started classes this week and survived week 1 of baby and school. The best part about school this week was that Roy found out he got an A- in Constitutional Law. An A- in law school is impressive and we are THRILLED!
  • We had a fun Saturday with the extended Zwahlen clan and my mom. Abby was awesome especially considering that we were out and about all day and she was being passed around.
Well, Abby and I are going to enjoy a bit of sunshine this morning while my mom and Roy are at church!

4 comments:

Pacers said...

ShellShell, she's sooo cute! Babies are so much fun:)

Melissa said...

Hairy,
I love the elvis lip curl! We have a pic of Myra doing the same thing! I'm glad you finally updated your blog! I check constantly!
Melissa

Unknown said...

Wow! I look at the pictures of your cute girl and can't believe how big she is--she's really growing and my Brooklyn isn't even as big now as your daughter was when she was born. But we just love them how they are right?

Unknown said...

Michelle and Roy, we're so happy for you. You know, if you ever need babysitting in the future...
She's darling.
-Erin and Sam