Friday, January 25, 2008

My Favorite Things

I have been thinking lately about some of my favorite things. I have had many nights up with Abby to reflect and I thought I would share a couple of my thoughts:

  • my family--from Roy and Abby to the Freebairns to the Zwahlens

  • all the people who feel like family

  • getting more than 4 hours of sleep in one shot

  • chocolate (too bad that might be one of the causes of Abby's upset tummy)

  • sunny days

  • talking to nieces and nephews on the phone

  • Primary songs

  • smiles from friends and strangers

  • going to church

  • coming up with schemes and possible plans for the future, even if none of them work out

  • family naps

...and a whole lot more, but we'll save those for another post.

Here are a couple more pictures.

For those of you who have missed seeing the wonderful smiling faces of Roy and Michelle, here's a picture just for you! I thought we were doing really well with sleep, but after looking at this picture, I realize that just isn't the case! We look tired, but I will have you know that it is a well-earned tiredness!


Abby was blessed with a large noggin (thank you Zwahlen genes). When my mom was in town, we tried on the baby blessing bonnet to be sure it would fit. It's been in the family for 3 generations. Luckily, the hat will fit! Abby's blessing is March 23 (my bday and Easter).



This is one of my favorite pictures from the hospital. I think Abby looks like an angel. Besides the stupid bandaid on my thumb, I love this picture!


This is Abby with her favorite Aunt Samira. A note to the other aunts: You can be the favorite Aunt (insert name here).

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Glad you aren't so tired that you can't continue to be the always positive Michelle that we all know and love! In on the other hand, would not be so positive about only 4 hours of sleep!