Sam turned 9 on Monday. He was so excited and counted down for weeks. I decided to eat lunch with him at school, bring cookies in to share with his class, and then surprised him with having Abby bring cookies to his after-school Chorus rehearsal (where he had 65 kids sing to him). It was a good day for celebrating with Sam!
The funniest gifts Sam got were bottles of Ranch dressing from Abby and a game he had been looking at for a while called "What the Fish", which we played that night and enjoyed a lot. Sam is such a fun kid, full of laughs and jokes, dotes on Nora, plans fun adventures and activities for everyone, and is so creative. I love my Sam!
We threw Sam a party for his 9th birthday. He helped with the prep and planning and was so excited. After the party, I asked him what his favorite part was and he answered, "Being with my friends!" Sam helped me make the party list a few weeks ago and we invited 16 boys, thinking that we would get about half here. We got yeses for everyone (at which point I may have hyperventilated), but 2 ended up not being able to make it. It was a lot of fun to see Sam with his friends, a lot of loud to have that many boys at our house, and an impressive amount of hugging for a group of boys :)
No comments:
Post a Comment