Sunday, January 27, 2019

Bon Voyage!

Roy's parents begin their 2-year humanitarian mission to Amman, Jordan tomorrow.  We are so excited for and proud of them!  They will do so much good in a place and for people who really need an infusion of goodness and love.  This has been something they have talked about since I met them and I am so excited for them that their dream is now their reality!  We went up to see them and say goodbye a few weekends ago and got to meet up with 3 of the cousins.  The cousins are all so fun and I'm grateful that my kids get to be part of this happy crew.


Group hug!  This is now becoming a tradition for big events :)


We did a very merry unbirthday party to make up for a couple years of missed parties.  We didn't go all out because I only have so much energy after throwing an Abby party and gearing up for a Sam party, but we did have a blast going bowling, eating Hawaiian haystacks, and having all the kids blow out candles on their brownies.  And we HAD to go boys vs girls (plus Roy).  I must document that the girls won, but it was Lydia with the decisive victory points who won the day.





Also, Nora ate her first piece of bacon this weekend.  That's a pretty big deal too :)


We are thrilled to have grandparents going on a mission.  We will miss having them around, but I know that is exactly what they should be doing with their time, energy, and love.

No comments: