Sunday, January 5, 2014

This and That

Abby got a Disney Princess cookbook and rainbow apron from my parents (Mor Mor & Far Far) for her birthday (she's 6!!!).  The first recipe we tried was Bullseye Pizza from the princess Merida.  She was so proud of her creation.  And it was delicious!


Lydia and her beep.  I feel like I should be documenting my girl and her blanket.  She has several funny stories already about the adventures with her beep, but she seriously loves it so much.  Lately she's been having a great time sitting on the toilet.  We've actually had some successful moments on the toilet (hooray!).  The other night she insisted on having beep go potty with her.  It may have been a bedtime delay tactic, but I couldn't resist my girl perched on the toilet saying, "Cheeeeese!"



I made a back-up beep over Thanksgiving week.  Now she calls it "No Beep".  Even in the dark and sleepy she can tell the difference between beep (well-loved and washed often) and no beep (pretty brand-new softness).  

What happens when we tell the kids to smile for a picture:


There are LIONS in the house!


 Roy was having a rough morning so I attempted to get an extra happy picture to send his way.  The girls jumped right on the assignment, even getting matching headbands on and not complaining about brushing their hair.  Sam is still under the impression that the funny things he says can somehow be communicated via picture.  I'm sure he was saying something about stinkypants, poop, giant squids, or ghost monsters.


Abby got spotlighted at school for her artwork!  They have been talking about different kinds of lines (straight, squiggly, wavy, etc).  Their (very awesome) art teacher took a picture of them whistling and they were asked to draw a picture using different kinds of lines to show what their whistle looked like.  Abby was thrilled to be spotlighted on the school hallway in the art masterpieces area.


We've been watching/listening to a lot of "Frozen" music on youtube lately.  Turning on the music turns the house into a stage made of blankets and requires everyone to sing their heart out.  Please note that Lydia is standing on her beep.  Notice the trend?


As always, we were spoiled at Christmas.  That day deserves it's own post.  Someday it'll come. :)



How can these happy sisters not make you smile?


3 comments:

Linda said...

What happened to "Baby Lydia?" She has turned into an adorable little girl! LOVE them all! That is so funny she calls her "backup" blanket "no beep." Glad she likes her swaddle blanket so much, and I wish I had made more!
Happy New Year! Love to you all.

Sare said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute. You really should get them into advertising or something.

Wendi said...

That is the same exact doll Jordan started with. Be careful....now she has that one and 3 "real" American Girls!!! Your kid really are the cutest!! And Sam...he really knows how to get your heart. Such a funny boy!