I just have to brag a little about these cute, funny, smart kids:
- We listen to a few different stories on car rides. Most days, the kids prefer listening to stories over music. Lately, I have realized just how many times we have listened to the stories. When we listen to "Cars", Lydia can accurately yell Lightening McQueen's line, "Mack! Maaaaack!" When we listen to Dr. Seuss's ABC's, she says several of the extra-emphasized letters.
- We were walking and a shirtless runner ran by. At full volume (of course), Sam asked, "Oh no! What happened to his jammies?" "Ummm, those are his running shorts," I answered. "Oh," he replied. "What happened to his shirt?" And of course this is the one time a runner isn't plugged in to some sort of device. I just tried to pick up the pace and get as far away as possible.
- Sam was refusing to finish his dinner the other night. I was showing him all his food and reminding him that he better eat his food if he wants strong muscles. His smart aleck remark, "Just my bottom has strong muscles!"
- In Abby's class, the special helper for the day is called the Happy Apple. Every day after school, Abby runs over and asks, "Guess who the Happy Apple was today?" Every day leading up to today (it was finally her day), she would tell me who the Happy Apple and then say, "I'm so glad it was his/her turn! He/She loved being the helper!" While she was anxious for her own turn, she loved seeing her kindergarten friends so happy. I'm so proud of her!
Sam attempting to share the iPhone. Lydia attempting to maintain control.
Dirt! Even better: baseball dirt!


1 comment:
Ooh, I wanna be the happy apple! Love the picks - Lydia is really learning how to hold her own as the youngest, and I love it! You go, girl! Hug them all for me.
Post a Comment