Friday, September 13, 2013

Malaysia Trip in July

Michelle finally guilted me in to writing about my Malaysia trip I took this last July to attend the Trans Pacific Partnership trade negotiations.  The pictures below represent the highlights of my trip.


And you thought the 'Cars 2's portrayal of the bathrooms in Japan were far fetched.  This was the bathroom in the airport.

Here was the view from my hotel in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia which is on the island of Borneo.



On Sunday, I managed to find an LDS church to attend and in the branches over seas in predominantly Muslim countries where I grew up we met in other peoples' homes. I was surprised that in this Muslim country they had their own building.  I happened to luck out because the 3rd Sunday of every month (the Sunday I was there) was all in English.



I always love finding the local gag gift that tourists always buy.  Stuffed toad purses... now that is thinking outside the box.

A view from the airport towards the interior of the island to give you a better sense of what it looked like.

1 comment:

Belle said...

: ) Thanks for posting! maybe someday you can take the fam! Didn't know you lived in some other countries?