Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I've been reflecting on all the mom figures I have had in my life: church leaders, teachers, my parent's friends, my aunts, grandmas, my mother-in-law, and mostly my mom.  I'm so grateful for all the guidance, hard work, persistence, example, teaching, and love I have received from these special ladies.  I'm grateful that Heavenly Father put so many people in my life to help me be happy and grow.


Just like life didn't come with a manual, mothering doesn't have one either.  It's hard, happy work to be a mom!  But I have learned so much from family and friends, strangers and acquaintances about being a mother.  These people are my manual.  I'm grateful for the ideas on how to solve problems, to have good friends for my kids, to be reminded of how much to enjoy the time I get to cuddle my little ones, to learn how to explain things hard things to inquiring minds.  I am grateful that I can partner with Roy and our Heavenly Father to raise these marvelous, hilarious, intelligent, sometimes frustrating, fun-loving, affectionate children.  I'm grateful I can be their mother.


My quote of the week from the prophet.  I love it because it reminds me that I am part of an unbeatable team!

Thomas S. Monson"May each of us remember this truth; 'one cannot forget mother and remember God.  One cannot remember mother and forget God.'  Why?  Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."  (Thomas S. Monson, Pathways to Perfection: Discourses of Thomas S. Monson)

No comments: