- Lydia's hair is long enough for wearing a little clip! She won't keep it in for more than a minute, but it sure looks cute! Her hair also goes crazy while sliding.
- Sam was really missing Grandma and asked where she was. I responded that she was at work. His next very important question: "Is she getting money?"
- On a similar note, Abby was recently requesting a $40 Lego set. We talked about how that is a lot of money so she would probably need to wait until Christmas or save her allowance to buy it herself. She thought for only a few seconds before matter-of-factly saying, "I'll just ask Grandma and Baba. They love to spoil me."
- A lot of times, the kids and I joke by calling two of their toys, vitamins, toothbrushes, blankets (or anything that will seem silly and make them laugh), "Best Friends!" But that is exactly what I think when I see things like this.
I may not have mentioned this in a previous post, but when the pediatrician asked Sam who his best friend was, he didn't hesitate to answer, "Abby!" I almost cried with happiness.
- Last night Sam was running past Lydia and I sitting on the floor. He tripped and fell. Lydia started laughing really hard. My first thought was that she is a true sibling, laughing at her brother falling.
- Lydia is really enjoying her Easter candy. Can you see the remnants of blue egg?
- Sam has been really interested in super heroes lately, particularly in trying to figure out who belongs in the columns of Bad Guys vs. Good Guys. He was recently dressed up in an odd assortment of costume pieces and said in a low, gravelly voice, "I am Captain Hook America!"
- Sam is really growing up fast and likes to be as independent as I will let him be. It often results in moments when I have to hold back my laughter so he doesn't feel bad. :) The other night he refused to put his pj shirt on and walked around with Steve Urkel style pants chanting "Savages, savages!" (He watched "Pocahontas" a long time ago and was inspired by the men's lack of shirts).
- The reason we took this picture is because the girls were in matching skirts and shirts. Of course you can't tell this from the picture though. :) I have been so excited for my girls to match (especially because I know the amount of time they will want to match will be short)!
Do you ever have those simple, yet overwhelming feelings of "Best Mom EVER!" because your kids are getting along really well, spontaneously give you a hug and kiss, get excited because you let them watch a show while they eat snack, plan a surprise adventure, or want to cuddle up to you and whisper how much they love you? I love those moments.






1 comment:
LOVE...
Abby's hair (with clip and with frizz on the swing - reminds me of you!)
Sam with his Urkel pants! Dad's favorite!
Lydia LOVES her robin eggs, just like me!
You and the kids . . . and I could tell the girls matched!
And of course BEST FRIENDS!
Thanks for posting so we can stay connected even though we're 3,000 miles away :(
Post a Comment