A few weeks ago in preschool, Abby learned about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Imagine my delight when we drove downtown on Monday to pick up Roy from work and Abby shrieked, "That's the Washington Monument!" Of course we had to snap the traditional picture.
Sam and Roy with Sam's favorite dinosaur, Triceratops.
Sam, Roy, and Abby with Abby's favorite dinosaur, T-Rex.
A fuzzy and different shot of Abby with the T-Rex. Seeing the T-Rex was the best part of her day.
Last night at dinner, Abby was picking through her mixed vegetables and very carefully picked up a lima bean. "What's this?", she asked with a look of pure horror. "A lima bean." "Oh," she said and then paused before continuing, "That's disgusting!" Roy and I were dying to keep the laughter in. I love hearing the kids as they learn how to appropriately use new words. It's a recipe for laughter.
We were taking the kids to the neighborhood park yesterday and they were running ahead of us. Roy saw the puddle at the same time that Sam did. Roy took off, calling for Sam to stop. Sam of course either didn't hear or decided not to hear (the second is more likely) and ran even faster, not stopping as he plowed through the 6-foot mud puddle. Another time where I had to stop everything and double over to laugh. Man, our kids are hilarious! I can only imagine how many stories we will be collecting in the future.
1 comment:
Fun! Maybe we can go back to see the dinosaurs when I'm there if you haven't delivered yet. So excited to see you!
Post a Comment