Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Week of the Fourth

There's not a story behind the first two pictures, but I love what they say about how Abby and Sam get along. They are frequently on the couch together and usually touching. It's adorable. They just have the best friendship and we are so grateful for that.


Enjoying the fireworks!


Oh, Cami, you're so kind and . . . (sorry, unless you're a Freebairn you won't get it). My parents and sister came to visit. I'm lame and got no pictures of the grandparents. I hang my head in shame. The kids had the best time with them, though! And both kids were totally comfortable around Cami. I don't think I want to hear the word Virginia ever again, though. We must have heard it a thousand times. Sorry again, but unless you know Cami you will never know the utter truth of how she latches onto a word and endlessly repeats it. And we love her for it. Especially when the word gets shouted out during prayer, as answers to questions that others are being asked, and at pretty much any possible opportunity. It's honestly hilarious! This is about as relaxed as Cami got during the trip, though she did do great. She even let Sam drive his cars up and down her legs.

At church we had a Freedom Breakfast this past weekend. We had pancakes, eggs, and fruit and then all the kids brought their decorated bikes, scooters, skateboards, etc for a parade. It was a lot of fun! The kids and I had a great time decorating bikes with red, white, and blue and Woody from Toy Story and Tinkerbell and Fawn. Here's Abby waving hi to the camera and Sam squinting into the sun!



1 comment:

Linda said...

Loved the trip, loved playing so much with the kids, and even though you (shamefully) didn't get any shots of us with them, I got some of Dad with the kids. Your kids are adorable. I loved seeing them interact, and it reminded me of you and Becky when you were little. They're really growing up. Thanks for being awesome hosts/hostesses.