Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quotable Quotes from the Week

Today during lunch, I was explaining to Abby that my cousin's husband was coming over for dinner. He's in DC going to school, but his family is still in CA. I told her that he missed his kids so she needed to remind him how fun it was to have kids at home. She responded that she would be fun for him and then added, "I'm the cutest kid in town."

Five minutes later Roy looked over at the bottomless pit of the family still shoveling food from tray to mouth and said, "I think you are seriously gaining weight." I thought Roy was talking to me for a minute. Don't worry, it was Sam who was the subject of the weight-gain comment.

Sam and Abby enjoying the swings at Busch Gardens. I promise Sam had fun too!

I found one of my old necklaces with Orange Blossom from Strawberry Shortcake. Abby wore it to church today. We asked her if her friends were excited about her necklace and she said didn't share it with them. Of course we jumped right on it and reminded her it was good to share with friends. She clarified that she showed her friends for a minute "but then I got so tired."

Sam is starting to talk more and more. His favorite thing to do with me is come barreling into the kitchen and say, "Mama. AH!" My job is to act surprised. We play it every time I do the dishes. Even though we play it three times a day with multiple rounds each time, it melts my heart every time I hear his sweet "mama" and see the huge, delighted smile as I act surprised.

Today in church someone made a comment that made everyone laugh. Sam is just starting to laugh because other people are laughing and today was no exception. But today he just couldn't stop laughing for close to two minutes. He just kept laughing and looking at me. I'm glad he enjoys church so much.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Cute picture, and cute dialogs. Oh, I gotta come visit you and see them (and you, too) in person!