Thursday, March 24, 2011

That's What Little Boys Are Made Of

This morning, 2 minutes into my shower, Abby and Sam came into the bathroom to show me that the children's chewable tylenol bottle was empty. Abby told me that Sam dumped it on the floor and ate all of them. After a hurried rinse-off, I asked Abby to show me exactly what happened. According to her first story, Sam ate them all (about half a bottle). In later tellings, she admitted she ate four or five. Today marked my first call to Poison Control. I am so grateful for Poison Control! They did all the math and told me that Sam would be fine as long as he didn't ingest more than 27 pills, which he didn't. Thank goodness! A visit to the ER was not on my list of desired activities for the day.

I was talking to an old friend today and told her this story. She said she thought he was this sweet guy who basically didn't get in much trouble. One of his nicknames that Abby has caught on to is Troublemaker. He's not a bad kid by any means, but he is just naturally so curious. He has to see if all balls bounce down the stairs just like the first one did, if driving cars on his sister's face makes her mad every time, and loves to get as close to the edge of the stairs or the playground as he can without falling off. But, as I explained to Shara earlier today, his curiosity and adventurous side is perfectly balanced with his ability to love. I get hugs constantly, he always has a kiss to share, and when he is feeling especially loving, Sam will pat our backs with his two-armed hugs. Sam is definitely a troublemaker at times, but he is affectionate and loving. And despite the headaches and worries his capers cause, those are forgotten with one of his back-patting hugs.

No comments: