Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sound Bites

Life in the eyes of an adventurous, fun-seeking, happy two-and-a-half year-old:
  • As we drove past the Ford car dealership, Abby delightedly said, "Oh look! There are cars on those balloons!"
  • "Oh, you said no, Mom? I'll go ask Dad!" (I have NO idea where she learned this, but I see this line being said for at least the next 16 years. Heaven help us.)
  • "But I wanna be 16!" (Her response when I told her that no, she can't drive the car today, but she can when she's 16.)
  • "Where's my car?" (Said every time Roy takes it to work.) Followed quickly by, "I need it! It's my car!"
  • "But Mom, I'm doing my job." (Abby says whenever I ask her to do something she isn't totally thrilled about doing.)
  • "Are you a monster?" (Our next job is to say yes, growl, and then chase.)
Abby dancing with Backyardigans.

Life in the eyes of the 6-month-old little brother who thinks his sister is hilarious, life is the best, everything should be eaten, and that we should laugh at every possible opportunity. Good philosophy.
  • "Abby is so funny!"
  • "Hmmm, mulch. Mouth."
  • "What are you doing, Mom? Quit making me laugh!" (Then, as he's laughing he attacks me with his gooey open mouth for a big kiss. I love it!)
  • "Rock? Mouth time!"
  • "DAD! Pay attention! It's me!" (We know this is what he's saying because he shrieks and stares Roy down until Roy pays attention.)
  • "Food! Finally!!!" And the shoving begins.
  • "Who are you? And why are you talking to me?" (Sam gets lots of attention when we're out in public--he's cute and always making noise. He will be all smiley and talkative until someone talks to him. He then goes stone-faced. The really persistent adults tickle his feet or continue talking until they get a little grin. The extra effort is worth it. Sam has one of those light-up-his-face, breathtaking smiles.)
  • "What's this? I'll stick it in my mouth and find out."

Yes, that is his toe in his mouth.

The big Sam news of the week is that he got his first tooth! Hurray!!!


Roy got to see a 10 foot tall marijuana plant today at work. I got to see it all wrapped up in the back of the squad car when we picked him up at the end of the shift. Go ahead, be jealous. That sucker was squashed into a big black garbage bag and took the whole back seat. Perks of Roy's job. :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Life in the eyes of a Mor Mor who lives 3000 miles away:
"Abby and Sam are so cute! I wish they lived closer so I could hug and kiss and play with them all the time!"
"Wow, when did they get so big??!"
"Hey, Sam, wanna try putting some chocolate in your mouth? It is spectacular stuff!"
"Hi, Abby - how about a tickle fight?!"

Mrs. JM said...

a simple sentence to be added to roy's defensive parenting strategies when she says "i'll go ask my dad then ..." he just needs to always be ready with "what did your mom say?"

as always, cute, cute kids.