Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cutest Kids on the Block

Not that I'm biased or anything, but we have really cute kids. I don't even need anyone to tell me that because I just know it. They may have gotten their strange sense of humor from me, but I'm pretty sure the looks came from Roy. At least that's what strangers and friends alike say when they see our kids, "Whoa! It's mini-Roy!" or "Wow, that's Daddy's son/daughter." I used to think it would make me sad if my kids didn't look like me (not that I'm vain, but, for crying out loud, I carried them for 9 months so I should get something out of the deal!), but Sam and Abby are both too cute for me to even be upset about the constant commentary about the origin of their looks.

We had a great time out at the park this week. Sam attempted to sneak in bites of mulch while Abby practiced her scooter. We love being outside and both kids are happiest when we're busy so we spend lots of time inventing things to keep us busy, which results in many romps to the two-and-a-half parks we have in the area.


We had a stressful Wednesday. Without going into too many details, Roy's new job he is transferring to almost became the job that wasn't. Thankfully, all the miscommunications got resolved and the rescinded transfer is now unrescinded and we're still heading to Culpeper at the end of the month. Phew!

And because it's been an entire paragraph since I got to show off the world's cutest children, here are my favorite kids dressed in their Sunday best!

How can you beat this smile?
(Can you tell who is learning what to do for the camera?)

Abby picked out headbands at the store yesterday and was so proud to show off her matching dress (thanks, Cindy) and headband. Everyone we saw today was expected to make a comment on her outfit (if they didn't do it willingly, they were invited to comment on Abby's cuteness by the queen of cuteness herself). As you can tell, she is extremely proud of her new big girl look!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Such cute pix and of course adorable kids. But I also see you, especially from your baby pix, in Abby! Glad Wednesday problems were resolved and good luck with the move.

Mrs. JM said...

whether you need someone to tell you or not, you're children are adorable.