Our last two weeks have had moments filled with busy-ness and moments of blessed calm. Luckily, Sam is incredibly patient with his ultra-loving, loud, busy big sister and she loves him. We really have been so blessed to have Abby accepting of our new pace of life. She is excited to tell people that she is the big sister. Here are a few of our highlights and funny moments from our recent days:
- Happy birthday to Roy! It was very fun to celebrate with his parents the weekend before his birthday and to be our boring, tired little family on the actual day of his birthday. We did a family nap in the afternoon and had leftover cake and ice cream before going to bed again. Luckily, Roy never complains when the invitation comes to sleep. He's a huge fan.
- While changing Sam's diaper one night, he was screaming bloody murder. Abby came up to me and said in her big sister voice, "Mom, Sam cries all day long."
- I gave Abby her first haircut. I really just trimmed 1/2" off and it was just in an effort to make her hair extra curly. Mission accomplished!
- Abby has had two #2 successes on the potty in the last couple days. We are so proud of her! Along the big kid vein, Abby has also had two sleeps in her big girl bed. This has been a several month struggle so we are thrilled. Even if we did have to use the incentive of a Tinkerbell movie for 10 sleeps. (Did you notice I used the word incentive and not bribe? Sometimes I wonder if there is a difference...)
- Over the last four or five nights, Sam has had at least one bout of 4 hours of sleep each night. I LOVE it!
- I took the kids to church on Sunday. On my own, by the way. They both did fantastic and it was good to be back among our friends there.
Can you tell how much she loves him?
7 comments:
Love the pictures! They are so cute!
I think birthday naps sound great and I don't even have two kids yet! Glad everything is going so well for you - such happiness!
Those pictures are too cute. Ride that big sister excitement for all it's worth!
cute pictures. so loving!
Thanks so much for loading more pictures - I'm missing seeing you and the family! Adorable!
Yes, but he looks nervous :)
I love the pic of Abby and Sam. Takes me back to when I had Jordan. Those big sisters are so cute. Has Abby tried to nurse a doll yet? Jordan did and it was so funny.
Post a Comment