A week ago, Abby was sitting next to me on the couch reading a book when I noticed that she was picking her nose. Immediately, I reminded her that the things in her nose are yuckies and that she should use a tissue and not her finger. This is not a new idea in our house. It's the end of February and it's been a bitterly cold winter. Abby responded to my very logical suggestion, "It's okay, Mom. I'll just eat it." and proceeded to do just that. I was too shocked and taken aback to be able to stop her in time, but you better believe she didn't trick me the second time her finger traveled back to her nostril and we raced to the bathroom, nursing baby in tow, with the offending finger clutched in my hands.
Yesterday, Abby and I were on the same couch watching a show on the computer when she stood up, bent over so her rear was in my face, and farted. She laughed once before sitting down and then said, "'Scuse me, Mama." I promise she has never, ever seen this done at our house and, I would hope, anywhere I have taken here.
In the nature vs. nurture argument, nature just scored twice.
4 comments:
Oh that is funny! At least she asked to be excused after the farting incident. That counts for something, right?
oh dang, Abby's just getting into the phase of wonderful toddler comebacks and one-liners. I vow to read every post of your blog from now on.... though it sounds like it'll be hard to top those last two stories- too funny!!
I had to catch my breath from laughing so I could write a comment! I am quite sure she learned neither of those "tricks" from you guys . . . but the fart thing . . . she may well have learned from one of her uncles!
Linda, hush. You know I haven't been around Abby enough to fartingly corrupt her. If I had spent more time with her, then you could blame me (because it probably would've been me).
Post a Comment