Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For the Picture Deprived

The nurses at the hospital fell in love with Abby and Abby was more than happy to show off for them. She was really lucky and got to go in to the nursery and help give Sam his first bath. I wish I could have been there to see her help washing his hair, but I got her play-by-play, which may have been more fun to listen to over and over again. She was thrilled to be Sam's big sister helper.

We are very glad to have my mom here to help. It's nice not to worry about dinner, have midnight help (or 3 am poopy explosion help, as the case may be), and not have to worry about Abby one bit while I was in the hospital. My mom got here about 36 hours before Sam was born so we couldn't have timed things better if we had tried. I'm not sure if my mom is getting enough baby-holding time, but she was the first to witness Sam's dimples and thumb sucking.

My grandma (Mor Mor to me and Bedstemor to my kids) has the tradition to give each grandbaby and great-grandbaby a teddy bear. When Abby was born, she got Winnie the Pooh and Sam was given a tan teddy bear. Here's a cute picture of both kids with their Bedstemor bears:

We are loving the addition of Sam to our family and the combination of Abby and Sam. He is an angel and she is a very attentive, loving big sister. This morning while I was changing his diaper and he was fussing (he is a fighter during diaper time, more so than Abby was--we're getting really fast even applying vaseline on the boy part), Abby laid down on the floor, held his hand, and talked to him. Even though he was less than pleased with my messing with him, he just stared in Abby's direction while she talked to him. It was incredibly sweet!

6 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

He's so adorable!!

Svedi Pie said...

So sweet. You can just see in her eyes how much she loves her little brother (or maybe it's the winnie the pooh bear). I have to admit Michelle I was just tearing up looking at these pictures. I love your little family.

Mrs. JM said...

you're making me baby hungry! too cute. too too too cute. so much happiness. i love it!

Linda said...

Love the pix, and I'm having so much fun here. For now I feel like I'm getting enough baby time, but ask me in a week when I'm back home....I'm sure I'll want more!

Wendi said...

so sweet-reminds me of Jordan when I had Spencer. Big sisters really are special! Love the thumb sucking one.

Unknown said...

He's so cute--congrats!