Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation

The long anticipated day arrived. Roy has graduated from law school! Hurray!!! The actual graduation was pretty short and the professor who spoke was hilarious. It was a crazy day, but we all survived. Our nephew was born at 2:05 that morning so there was an extra thing for the grandparents and new big brother to juggle, but they made it. And since the thing that matters is that the diploma is sort of in hand (more like a scroll stating that he'll get a special package from GMU in August), I'll save you from reading too many details. Instead, here are some pictures from before and after the ceremony. Good job, Roy! Abby and I are so proud of you! And, I have to admit, we are proud of ourselves too!

My two favorite people!

Doesn't he look good?
The representatives of the Zwahlen family who attended graduation.

Before graduation.
After the ceremony. Abby slept through part of it!

Roy with his parents after the ceremony.

Roy with his second mother, Cyndi, and best friend, Chris. The Ongs flew out from Utah for the ceremony. Thanks again for coming, guys! Roy loved having you here to celebrate!

Walking across the stage, the last graduate of the class of 2009. You should have heard the cheering for Roy. He's either very well-loved by all the graduates and their guests or else everyone was super excited for graduation to be over...I bet it was the first.

Here's Roy grabbing his "diploma". The dean is laughing at him because Roy leaned over while he was grabbing the scroll and asked if he could have two. Always looking for a way to make people laugh!

6 comments:

Linda said...

CONGRATULATIONS, ROY! And I think Michelle is right - they were all clapping for you, not just that you were the last one to get your diploma. The pix are great, too. I miss that I couldn't be there. What an exciting time!

Sare said...

Wait a minute... what's up with Roy's hat? Why does it have so many corners on it?...
That must be so nice to be done! Best wishes on what the future holds for you- I look forward to hearing about your plans when they're nailed down!

The Kelseys said...

Congrats on graduating. What an accomplishment. I bet it is way exciting to be finally done! I can't wait until next year when Nathan's finally done.

Belle said...

Congrats! Wow! That is so exciting! And Abby's looking sooo big!

Neil said...

I'm pretty sure Mom's wrong... I think those people were just so happy the graduation was over. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Congrats, Roy!

Anne said...

Yay for graduation! Lets plan some fun stuff with the girls this summer.