We were mostly visiting with my sister Becky and her family. Abby LOVED her three cousins, Alli, Holly, and Brynne. She loved when Alli and Holly did gymnastics with her. She learned very quickly to run across the room, stop, and throw her hands in the air as if to ask for applause. All our meal times seemed to be doubled in the amount of time it took Abby to eat because she was so busy watching everyone and copying what they were doing. She was definitely the messiest eater of the bunch, as Alex can attest, and left piles of food after each meal. One huge highlight for me was that Abby learned (finally) how to fall asleep by herself without more than a couple minutes of fussing. This has been huge for her!
While in Utah, we have to visit Provo. And the Cougareat. In the world of Michelle, there are three do-not-miss foods when in Provo: BYU brownies, bread and honeybutter, and Creamery ice cream. I ate two of the three that day, but I plan on making those scrumptious brownies to celebrate Roy's graduation on Saturday. We got to visit some friends and show Abby off and also saw Dr. Monroe, a professor I worked for and love! She is Abby's "professional grandmother" and I'm bummed I forgot to take a picture while we were together.
I am happy to report that Abby did awesome on the plane. On the flight out, she cried so hard for the first 10 minutes that no one wanted to sit by us. As soon as we were airborne, she fell asleep so I got to lay her across two chairs and relax, which was awesome since it had been a really long day and I wasn't feeling great.
My excuse for the trip was to see my sister Cindy graduate. If she ever updates her blog again, you can see pictures. :) Graduation was fun, but as Alli said the second it was over, "It was long, it was long, it was long, it was long!" We also got to go to two weddings and two birthday celebrations. It was so fun to be around friends and family for all the celebrations and, even though it made me miss Roy more, being at the weddings was an additional reminder about the importance of marriage.
Since this is a pretty eclectic post, I might as well answer a couple questions about Roy and our plans for him. He walks at graduation on Saturday (yeah!) and then begins the Bar prep course on Monday. There are no job offers or interviews yet, but there are some possibilities out there so we're hopeful. Roy can't even start working until mid-August anyway so there's plenty of time before we even need to worry. As always, something will work out!
1 comment:
Cute picture of the four sisters/cousins. It was great to see you all together and be there with you, and I'm so glad you came. And a huge congrats to Roy, too! We look forward to seeing a few more pix of graduation and Utah trip.
Post a Comment