The following exchange has happened repeatedly over the last few days:
Abby walks over to the oven/stove and tries to reach the knobs to turn on a burner which happen to be at the perfect height. She reaches up, looking at me the entire time, waiting for me to respond.
Michelle: No, Abby. That's not safe.
Abby: Yes! (huge smile)
Michelle (with the addition of her mean face): No, Abby. Don't touch.
Abby: Yes! (huger smile)
So I walk over to her, take her hand, and we walk to another place in the kitchen. Since this only happens when I'm making a meal and she loves to be in the same room, I usually distract her with pots and pans or the magnets on the fridge. Then, after a few minutes...
Abby walks over to the stove, smiling and looking up at me. She reaches up, looking at me the entire time, waiting to begin again.
Michelle: No, Abby. That's not safe.
Abby: Yes! (huge smile)
Michelle (with the addition of her mean face): No, Abby. Don't touch.
Abby: Yes! (huger smile)
Michelle: No, Abby. That's not safe.
Abby: Yes! (huge smile)
Michelle (with the addition of her mean face): No, Abby. Don't touch.
Abby: Yes! (huger smile)
That happens at least one more time. By the way, Roy is sitting on the couch most of the time this happens and is laughing his head off because he can see the thrill Abby gets from this game.
If I didn't love her so much, this would be a huge pain. But she is too funny to be mad at. In fact, inside I'm laughing but I have to play mean.

1 comment:
she is so darn CUTE!
Post a Comment