Abby has taken steps by herself for a couple of days, but not when I have had the camera out and ready. So last night we were doing the classic walk-between-Mom-and-Dad game and I caught her on our camera. I think she's pretty cute!
Abby has begun standing up in her crib, as you will see in the picture a couple posts ago. So she started crying in the middle of the night and it took a couple minutes for me to register, "Go see what's wrong." By the time I got to her room, her cry had escalated to terrified screams. It turns out that she was standing in the middle of her bed with one arm holding onto one side and the other arm on the opposite side of the crib. It was dark, but I felt tears on her face (she usually just gets plain old mad and doesn't have tears so I knew it was serious). It took her a while to calm down and stop shaking. I'm sure she was just freaked out because she had no clue what was going on. I was laughing so hard and had to go share the funny Abby moment with Roy. We both laughed so hard, while Abby was still recovering. Man, we're mean parents! We laugh when she gets scared!
On another note, we were able to watch the BYU-USU game last night. It was a little bit of heaven for Roy. Living in VA is not really conducive to a BYU fan who likes to watch the games since not too many games are broadcast. It was really fun to watch the game. BYU was so fun--seeing the game and some of the commercials about BYU made me miss it a little. So many fond memories!
7 comments:
Wow - it's crazy that she's already taking a few steps. She's a brave girl. That was also funny to read about her crib-crying incident. Now that she's learned to get up, she'll have to figure out how to get down without waking everyone up.
Just love that girl!
MorMor
what a big girl! ben just started standing up in his crib but he doesn't know how to sit back down so we are in there a lot putting him back down to sleep.
how cool!
Wow! You have a walker on your hands! So cute and lots of trouble :) Have fun. She's darling!
oh my gosh, I almost got little tears in my eyes watching that. It was like watching those slo-mo clips of the perfect happy little family on those "Family Answers" videos from the mission. So CUTE!!!! I DEFINITELY want babies now.
So CUTE!!!
The was so much fun to see Abby walking, but also fun to see Roy up close and talking. I miss you all so much!
Linda Hendry
Post a Comment