Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ready, Set, GROW!

Abby has the go-ahead from her doctor to eat table foods (yeah for all of us!). I have some ideas, but I was hoping some of you might be able to offer some creative suggestions or ideas of what your kids have enjoyed. We've done lots of fresh fruit and veggies, grilled cheese, toast, and graham crackers. Any other ideas? Thanks!

3 comments:

Belle said...

Mere has been eating whatever we eat for awhile (if it's soft). Some things she likes are avocado, smashed or refried beans (not the ones with lots of lard), soft whole wheat bread, heartland whole wheat pasta cooked and cut up, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, shredded apples-she loves those, plain yogurt, bananas, little bits of cheese, saki and I drink fruit/veggie smoothies and she loves those too. Just give her healthy foods-that's what gives her nutrients to grow, no need for any junkfoods! Glad she's growing like a weed, Mere may be small but she lots bigger than she was!

Pacers said...

Mia loved applesauce for a while. Yogurt is often a favorite. They always love sweet potatoes too. Toast sticks with jam or butter are always fun. Mia still loves eggs. Yeah - lots of ideas. I should just email!!

Brenna said...

Caleb loves fajitas. We are still grinding a lot of his food, but only the meat is tough. He loves to eat them with avocado and lots of bell peppers. We've been trying to eat more squash and he really likes that too. Especially spaghetti squash.