Sunday, August 24, 2008

Way Behind

This is a blanket apology to those I should have called, emailed, or somehow contacted this week. I feel incredibly behind on pretty much everything in life so some things have just had to go. Sorry, family and friends, but this week you were it. We're trying to get ourselves moved back in and adjusted as well as deal with Abby teething and getting on a better schedule of sleeping. So we're surviving, but a little tired.
Two highlights from the week:

Roy’s old roommate, Kasey, came over this week. We had just finished Abby’s bath so I was in Abby’s room getting her all lotioned and clothed. So Kasey came back to say hello. Abby was oblivious to him until I dropped the lotion on the garbage can lid, which made a huge boom, and scared Abby. Normally the sound makes her laugh, but the combination of a stranger and being tired made her scream. She cried for a good ten minutes before recovering somewhat. So two days later, Kasey brought a date over. He walked in the door and Abby took one look at him before lunging for Michelle and bawling. There was no way that guy was going to scare her again! She kept a very wary eye on him for the little bit that she was out with us visiting, but if he looked at her wrong she would cry.

We took an hour break from all our craziness on Friday to go out to the Theodore Roosevelt Island. It was beautiful! Abby's favorite part was the dog walker with seven (yes, 7) dogs. We were impressed that he could walk in a straight line with that many animals, but Abby, who has a great love of dogs, had her eyes glued to them and was excitedly trying to get their attention. The island was beautiful! We loved all the green.


We're mostly recovered, but now I have a week of normal-life events to catch up on. Someday, maybe, I'll feel caught up!

1 comment:

Belle said...

Isn't this such a fun age! Mere is so interested in everything and everyone-hope you're all settled in now. . . btw my friends little boy is over the height and weight for rear facing carseat,but she still keeps him facing backwards...have you looked at that sleep book?