Andrew turned 3 on July 29. Honestly, he's been waiting for and planning this day since Abby's birthday in December. The poor kid has to wait through everyone else's birthdays and then 4 months before getting to celebrate his. He planned his whole day! We started out at Marbles Museum, went to McDonalds for lunch, played water games outside with cousins, and had a cookie cake. We were able to fulfill every wish for this guy. I'm so glad he's in our family!
MaKayla and Arianna came to NC from VA to hang out with us and celebrate Andrew. Grandma and Baba Z were nice enough to be the chauffeurs :)
Andrew was so excited to open presents! Getting him to hold still for a picture while he excitedly bounced around had everyone laughing. He was more hyper than I've seen him before and definitely acted like he was the center of everyone's universe :)
Uncle Steven Michael helped Andrew do the research for the perfect Batmobile that drives and has a shooter and Andrew was sold on having it after getting the stamp of approval from the Z Family Toy Master :) Thank goodness for Amazon!
Andrew is such a wonderful kid. I cannot imagine life without him. He is my cuddle buddy, my "one more book" guy, the only person who is allowed to stroke my face when he apologizes, the most annoying eater, the only one who will say "I don't love you" as a joke (several times daily) and immediately correct with "I just kidding. I DO love you!", the only kid who has ever peed on my face, my baking buddy, and is woven tightly into the fabric of our family. He gets along well with everyone, has his special thing with each person, knows just the right weird thing to do or say to make the grumpy person break out of their grumpiness, and is so curious about how the world works and why, why, why we do things a certain way. Happy birthday, Andrew! I'm glad we finally reached the big 3 for you...and now we have a full year of hearing you plan for "the next birthday when I turn 4." :)






No comments:
Post a Comment