We left Virginia on the last day of school. We had packed out and cleaned the house so I had a few hours to fill with Lydia and Andrew not in our home. It was a great day so we played at the library, played at the park, and had a picnic lunch. One of my good friends met us to say goodbye and then we rushed off to pick up the big kids and head down to Williamsburg.
Abby's awesome class memorized Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. You can watch it here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbgGfY8mnE
We went to Busch Gardens on Saturday and had a much-needed family fun carefree day. Roy and Sam went on all the scary big people rides while I hung out with everyone else and had a great time together. We took Andrew on his first train ride, which failed to impress him.
The girls were so cute and invited Andrew to do the hot air balloons. They all had the best time!
And then we were back on the road after church to come to our new, but still temporary home in North Carolina.
Here's what our house looked like in June:
Then they poured foundation about 3 weeks ago and we got this dropped off:
And then, thankfully, all this happened this week and this is what the house looks like today:
We can breath a little easier as we see the process continue. We also completely recognize and try to express gratitude for the guidance and help we have received along the way. This experience of buying and selling in VA, Roy changing jobs, moving to at least 2 temporary housing places, and other hard experiences this summer has taught me more patience and how to better trust Heavenly Father. As crazy and annoying as it has been at times, I have also felt that He has been lifting is every single step. This is one of those times in our lives that I feel the truth of "we've proved Him in days that are past". He has helped us in the last few months and I know He will keep doing so.











1 comment:
Love all the pictures and details of the adventures and fun (and challenges) of your move. Can't wait for our first visit to see you!!
Post a Comment