Sunday, April 24, 2016

Funeral Vacation

My Mor Mor and the kids' Bedstemor (my mom's mom) passed away on Easter morning. In a way, I think that she chose that day to help all of us keep perspective and to find more beauty in that day. We were blessed to travel to California for the funeral and be with nearly all of her descendents. Mor Mor is an incredibly special lady to all of us so it was fitting that so many traveled to be with family and honor her. I'm grateful my kids were able to experience a funeral that truly celebrated a wonderful life of faith. 

Sam and I had to send proof to my family that we really were on the plane. 

My kids wore their Easter dresses for the funeral. Here's the fountain at the cemetery. I have a lot of memories of standing at that fountain when we would visit my Far Far. 

There are 6 6-year-old boys that are great-grandchildren. Seeing them play golf, race from jacuzzi to pool, and throw themselves off the diving board was hilarious. 

We stayed for a few days after the funeral  to have fun with family. 

Sam got to be a part of a magic show. I recorded it. He loved it. 

Storm trooper underpants. Oh, his brain...

My little brother Steven is so cool and let the kids ride on him while he goofed off rolling around in a random wheelchair he found at church.

We got to hang out with cousins at the park:





The kids loved the trundle bed!


Sam waiting in Dallas for our layover:


Because the kids missed school they had to do homework while we were gone. Here's Sam's story. I think he did a great job capturing the highlights:


I went in a swimming pool and a jacuzzi 

I went to vacation because my great grandma is dead. (He drew us waving our white handkerchiefs at the graveside..a family tradition)

I went to a park and I went to California and I saw lots of bugs. 

Wow! I am going back to America. The end!


1 comment:

Linda said...

I love all of your April posts! The pictures, the events, Sam's drawings and story, Abby's award, and silly faces! Love you all!!!