Sunday, April 12, 2015

North Carolina

Roy had a work trip to make to Raleigh, NC and lined it up during Spring Break.  We loaded up the van early and started the drive.  Since he had been in Tokyo the week before, the drive was a great chance to catch up and chat.  We were only in the area for 30 hours, but it was a fun-filled trip and Raleigh won me over.  I would happily live there. :)  

While Roy worked, I took the kids to the UNC Arboretum for an Easter Egg Hunt.  It was a nice chance to run around and stretch our legs. 



Then we found a really great playground and ran around like fiends.  :)  It always makes me so happy to see the kids playing happily together!  Then we ate dinner and ran around a huge mall and finally crashed at the hotel.  We had a boys bed and a girls bed..



In the morning, we took the beautiful scenic route to the Raleigh LDS Temple and took our first family selfie.  Sam and I were laughing so hard that he had a hard time keeping his toe-perch on the edge of the bench while I held on to his waist.



Then we met our good friends, the Deckers, at Marbles Children's Museum in downtown Raleigh.  That museum was seriously the best hands-on museum we have been to ever!  We had to rip our kids away after 5+ hours (honestly, I didn't want to leave either).  It was fun to explore and play and be with friends who we hadn't seen in nearly 2 years.  We have even more pictures that I still need to sort through, but here are some stand-out shots from Jen.









We drove back home all loving Raleigh and hoping to go back again soon.  


1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun trip! The pictures are great, and capture the fun everyone had on your short vacation.