Monday, June 23, 2014

Building a Boat

Abby's last homework assignment was to build a boat.  We did some reading and video-watching online and Abby came up with her plan, which she eagerly wrote down.  The one thing she didn't plan on was Sam as her helper/commentator/entertainment while she built.  I discovered how hard it will be for me to let her do a project without interjecting too much.  Of course, I did the hot glue (but exactly where she told me to put the dot) and the cutting of the heavier plastic (again, following her exact line), but I have got to say it was tough for my toeing-the-line-on-perfectionist self when it comes to projects and schoolwork.  



Abby built a great boat with a propeller and a sail and even filled the 14 seats with Lego figures and their pets and accessories.  She was so excited after school to tell me that her boat floated the whole time.  I was so proud of her for the couple of hours she spent researching, planning, building, and decorating The Abby Express.  She's such a good girl.




By the way, each Lego figure represented someone she loves.  She, of course, was the captain, Lydia was the co-captain, and Sam was the propeller operator.  

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the pictures! And please tell Abby that the boat looks terrific! I particularly noticed her tongue on the first picture as she concentrated, and it reminded me of her mom!