Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bedtime

Without fail, each night after we put the kids in bed, Sam will come out of his room and call down the stairway, "I'm scared, Mama."  Since I'm feeding Lydia, Roy gets to go up and put him back in bed and talk about not being scared.  On a side note, I don't really think he's scared of anything...he just wants to get out of bed.  Roy wasn't home tonight so the honor of putting Sam back in bed was mine.  When I got up there, Abby explained that she had taught Sam to say a prayer if he got scared, but he was still scared.  I handed each kid the teddy bear they got from Bedstemor (my grandma) when they were born and told them it was their brave bear.  If they got scared, they could say a prayer and hug their bear.  Five minutes after I got back downstairs, Sam called down the stairs again.  I reminded him about not needing to be scared and he could hug his bear.  His response was, "Bear go night-night, Mama!"

He has really reached this hilarious stage and cracks me up all the time.  The great thing is that most of the time the humor is intentional.  Love it!

No comments: