Thursday, January 6, 2011

Modern Medicine Miracle

Sam had a very minor surgery this morning and we're grateful to report that everything went fine. He woke up from the anesthesia quite angry, but nothing that a little mama magic couldn't fix. Sam had a cyst on his right eyebrow line that was growing and our doctor just wanted it taken care of before it got too big. If you look at some of his pictures, you can tell it's there. Right now he's sporting a Spiderman bandaid above his eye and looking quite handsome. We look forward to someday teasing him about the pictures below and the fact that he had a plastic surgeon operate on him at 11 months old.

We're incredibly grateful for a talented doctor and his team who took good care of our boy. It's amazing to think about how much our bodies have going on all the time and how much they do right. I'm grateful, too, for the advances of medicine that allow procedures like Sam's to not be a big deal. We have lots of family and friends whose babies have dealt with medical issues and have been blessed by excellent medical care. As we sat in the waiting room for Sam this morning, I better understood those feelings of concern, feeling anxious, and nervousness and complete relief when the operating physician walks in smiling. We truly are blessed!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I was telling Holly that Sam had surgery to remove the bump on his head. I asked her if she ever noticed the bump when she was playing with him and she said, "Oh, you mean that little hill by his eye?" HAHAHAHA! Love the pictures.

CORYNN AND JER said...

Thumbs up!

Linda said...

We're so grateful for Sam's successful surgery. And I LOVE Holly's comment! The "hill" by his eye? So cute. Save those pictures - definitely wedding reception material!

Shall's said...

So glad everything went well!!!! and I am a loser for not checking on him on Thursday!!! love LOVE the pictures!

Samira