Thursday, July 22, 2010

Here We Go Again


If you want to come visit our kids any time soon, you'll now need to go to the opposite end of VA from where we are now. Yep, that's right, it's moving time again at the Zwahlen's house. We found out yesterday that Roy got approval to be transferred. We will be moving to Culpeper very soon (date to still be determined, but it may be in as little as two weeks--AH!). We're excited to be closer to some of Roy's family, close to the Dulles airport (home and Utah, here we come), and closer to just about every park, store, museum, etc that we can possibly think of. Hurray! We counted this morning that this will make the 6th place that Roy and I have lived in our barely-over-4-years of marriage. We'll get good at it someday.

Update: We leave August 31 and Roy starts work September 3 in his new office. Luckily we have a month to prepare for what promises to be an insanely exciting week!

7 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

Oh that's exciting - and difficult at the same time, but I just checked and actually it's a shorter drive from where were are in NC to your new place and since it's closer to DC (and I know we're planning a trip to DC sometime) it would be so great to stop by and visit you!! Congrats!

Daniel Stone said...

Yuck, moving is the worst! But it sounds like you are more excited about the destination than where you are now. Just keep thinking, "It will be worth it once we get there!"

Jamie said...

I feel your pain. We just completed our 8th move in our 4 years of marriage. And you will be happy to hear, that each move gets a bit easier with the amount of practice you have had. Good luck! It sounds like it will be a great place at least, with so much to see and do.

Linda said...

Excited for you. Good luck with the move, and we look forward to visiting you in Culpeper sometime soon....

Cute picture - one happy kid, one not so happy!

Sare said...

cool!! I remember when we came to visit you and the UoVirginia we drove through Culpeper picking up real estate magazines just in case. How exciting!!! I can't wait to see what happens for you in the next few weeks! :)

Belle said...

exciting, I love moving, but like you after 5 moves in 4 years, I'm getting tired of boxes. That little town you've been living in sounds like one you'll miss though... hope you like your new place!

Chris O. said...

Hooray! Let the visits begin. Oh, and Congrats, but more hooray.