- Sam had one of those classic explode-a-poopers. Literally down to his sock. And we weren't home, where damage control is so much easier. I had to laugh so no tears came.
- Abby started calling me cleaning lady today. Since our house isn't spotless, I should probably take it as a compliment. But when your 2-year-old starts saying, "Hey, cleaning lady..." it's a little hard to think of much good.
- For some reason, Abby is scared of all bugs right now. Like terrified, screaming, trying to crawl up my legs scared. While I was chasing an intruder out of our house tonight, I asked her to sit with Sam. After I finished, I could hear her saying in her sing-song-mommy voice, "It's okay, baby Sam. Mommy's getting it out. Don't be scared." The funny thing was that she was saying it while crying. So sweet.
- We put Sam in a bath lounge chair so he and Abby bathe at the same time. I noticed today that when Sam wants Abby to play, he starts yelling and kicking. They love each other.
- We were playing with Tinkerbell tonight and all the sudden Abby said, "Oh no, Tinkerbell exploded!" For those who have seen Tinkerbell 2, Abby was doing her version of Clarence's line.
- Sam is more and more interactive lately. He's still my perfect angel, made more so by the fact that he has a full-faced smile, a sweet and engaging giggle, and when he wants you to talk to him, he starts shrieking and laughing. He is my happy boy!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Here and There
Roy is gone for the week and was gone two weeks ago as well for some job training. We are very happy that this is the last week of his four week course. I think I earned some overtime in the mom category. I have also been looking more for things to laugh at because it's exhausting to be on your own for a week! So here are some things that have caused a few chuckles in the last three days:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so funny, cleaning lady. :)
And Jamo calls those explosive diapers a "poo-nami".
Hope you get to share in all those great memories with Roy a little more these days. :)
Miss those sweet, adorable kids! And I'm glad you've learned to laugh at those little explosions and other episodes, 'cuz it is so much better than crying!
Post a Comment