Friday, April 23, 2010

Abby-isms

One of the great things about having a 2-year-old in the house is the unexpected things that come out of their mouths. I try hard not to laugh when she is being very serious but making no sense and sometimes it's just too tough. I am proud because she is communicating and telling us why things are important to her. All that growth and development is exciting, wonderful, and sometimes just a little bit funny. Here are my top three laugh-out-loud moments from the last 18 hours:
  • We were driving and Abby was holding her 12-inch Tinker Bell doll on her lap. Out of the blue, I heard, "Mommy, it's your turn to hold Tinker Bell. My arms are too tired."
  • I was encouraging Abby to go down the slide at the park today and she kept telling me no. When I asked her why she didn't want to slide, she responded, "No slide. My hands are too dirty."
  • She really wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse after lunch so, to butter me up, she politely asked, "Mother, will you turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse please?"

Abby with the first popsicle of spring

4 comments:

Linda said...

I generally choose the orange or pink popsicles to give to kids and Cami - purple, though, makes for a wonderful picture! Love her little Abby-isms!

Anonymous said...

Hi there...you don't know me, but my brother Mark Bunker was Roy's Friend in Fairfax. I came across you're blog on another friends blog. I hope you don't mind, but I add you to my blog list to follow.
Nicole Grover

Jennie said...

I can't get enough of her curly blond hair. What a cutie! At least she's willing to take turns with the doll even if it's just because her arms are tired.

Wendi said...

that hair is gorgeous!!