Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Hunger Pangs
When Roy went to go get Abby from her "nap" (which was really just 1-1/2 hours of her alternating between singing, yelling our names, and talking to herself) this afternoon, he made a comment to her about how she should have slept during naptime. Then he asked her if she was ready for a snack, to which she replied, "I'm starving!" When they came out, laughing, to tell me the story, Abby explained, "No nigh-nights. I'm starving!" Needless to say, Roy and I found a fairly good mix of humiliation that we let our child go to bed on an empty stomach and humor that she could vocalize her hunger that way. And, by the way, we could tell by the size of the snack she consumed that she really must have been starving so we're also sort of proud she actually knows what the word means. We better watch out for her--she's going to get us in trouble someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! I love the things kids say. Thanks for the Christmas letter update. I need to send you mine even though it is almost a month late.
Fun! Can't wait to see her in just a little over a week!
Post a Comment